Reliable Water Damage Restoration
When water enters your home or business, it's important to act immediately. Ace's team of certified professionals will work quickly and effectively to remove the water and implement drying systems that will prevent mold growth and further damage to your property.
Water Damage Services Include:
- Emergency Water Extraction
- Structural Drying
- Contents Drying
- Sewage Clean Up
Water Damage FAQs
I’ve had water damage to my home. What do I do now?
Call Ace Fire and Water Restoration Immediately so we can dispatch our Emergency Services team to begin the mitigation process. In addition you can:
- Turn water off at the main valve, typically next to the curb in front of your house.
- Turn off circuit breakers to wet areas, unplug, and remove any electrical devices on a wet surface.
- For minor water damages, try to remove as much excess water as possible by blotting.
- Do not leave paper items such as books, magazines, or photos on wet surfaces.
- Do not attempt to extract water with your vacuum.
- Small items should be removed from wet areas to prevent rust and stains.
- Aluminum foil can be placed under furniture legs.
- Lift draperies to eliminate staining.
- Do not place newspaper on carpet, staining may occur.
- Don’t walk on wet carpet any more than necessary.
- Do not use your central air or heating system to avoid spreading contamination.
Is it possible that mold will grow as a result of the water damage I have had?
- Yes, mold can grow within 1-2 days with the right conditions. Do not let your water damage wait to be repaired. Waiting can increase the damages and cost of mitigation.
If not restored, what effects can water damage have?
- Furniture in direct contact with moisture delaminates, cracks, and swells
- Drywall begins to swell
- Wallpaper adhesives fail
- In a Few Days
- Mold will begin to appear
- Metal surfaces begin to corrode
- Wood materials begin to swell and split
- Fabric dyes discolor and bleed
- People affected by mold allergies can begin to have reactions
- Over a Week
- Molds destroy organic materials like paper coverings, wood, drywall, and paneling
- Wood components split and warp
- Insurance claim costs can increase
- Health problems can become an issue